Langlex is looking for linguists in the following languages to work on various types of projects on a freelance basis.
Assamese, Bengali (Closed), Oria, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu, Pushtu, Kurdish, Arabic, Mongolian
- Native speaker of one of the languages mentioned above.
- Fluent/working knowledge of English
- Expertise in the native language (should be well versed with the language, literature and script of the native language)
- Working knowledge of computers (Internet Savvy/Pro, constant touch with email, Working knowledge of MS Word/Office).
- Knows how to use an Android phone (basic knowledge of settings)
Nature of Job
This is a freelance, long-term association.
You would be working on various tasks relating to text processing, natural language processing, keyboard design, transliteration engines and so on. Our main platform of work is handheld devices i.e. mobiles and tablets (Android, iOS, Symbian and other older feature phone OS for the handhelds).
During this process, you would be working on creating corpus (monolingual or bilingual), dictionaries, lexicon, proofing, script handling, testing (User interface/User Experience) etc.
Additionally, you may also work on translation tasks, mainly in the IT domain.